Voice is a grammatical term that is used to tell whether the subject of the sentence is acting or is receiving the action expressed by the verb.
The form of the verb which shows the importance of its subject in the active action is called an Active Voice.
- Madonna sings a song.
- Jordan plays basketball.
- Students are making a loud noise.
- Grandparents love their grandchildren a lot.
- The tortoise wins the race.
- We learn our lessons daily
- The gardener is watering the plants.
The form of the verb which shows the importance of the action rather than the subject is called the Passive Voice.
- A song is sung by Madonna.
- Basketball is played by Jordan.
- Aloud noise is being made by the students.
- Grandchildren are loved a lot by their grandparents.
- The race is won by the tortoise.
- Our lessons are learnt by us daily.
- The plants are being watered by the gardener.