An adjective is a word that adds to the meaning of a noun or a pronoun.
Adjective Exercises with Answers
Q. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of adjectives:
- She has just taken a sleeping-tablet. She is feeling __________ (drowsy) every minute now.
- Who is __________ (young), Jones or Phillip?
- He is one of the __________ (wealthy) men in the world.
- Nora was __________ (surprised) at his appearance than you were. Do you think his hairstyle suits him __________ (good) than the previous one did?
- He looked __________ (pale) and __________ (thin) after his illness. Before, he weighed the __________ (heavy) among the three of us, but now he is even __________ (light) than I am.
- He is the __________ (old) boy in the family, and he is the __________ (clever) one, too.
- The soup is __________ (tasty) than the vegetables.
- She is __________ (successful) than her brother. Her paintings sell __________ (good) than her brother’s.
- The __________ (little) you can do is to help her find a room to stay in.
- You have __________ (much) money than you need for the trip. The __________ (much) you need to spend is about three hundred dollars.
- surprised; better
- paler; thinner; heaviest; lighter
- eldest; cleverest
- successful; better
- more; most