We use an apostrophe (‘) to show possession. With the use of an apostrophe (‘) the sentence has not only become shorter but also easy to speak.
Q. Put apostrophe and rewrite the sentences.
- The hat that belongs to Aman is on the table.
- Dogs are pulling the tails of the cats.
- She took the dress of my mother
- The ant entered in the trunk of the elephant.
- I went to the house of my friend.
- Aman’s hat is on the table.
- Dogs are pulling the cats’ tails.
- She took my mother’s dress.
- The ant entered in the elephant’s trunk.
- I went to my friend’s house.