Articles are actually Demonstrative Adjectives forming a sub-category of Determiners. They are used to determine or point out nouns in a specific or general sense by being placed before them.
The words a, an and the are called Articles.
- A dog was sitting at the doorstep.
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon is counted among the wonders of the world.
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
- An umbrella can save you from getting drenched in the rain.
- The birds began twittering in panic as the roar of a lion filled the air.