There are two types of articles – definite and indefinite. A and An are indefinite articles and the is a definite article.
A is used before countable nouns, singular numbers and words that begin with a consonant sound, e.g., a table, a chair.
An is used before countable nouns, singular numbers and words that begin with a vowel sound, e.g., an apple an honest man.
The is a definite article. It is used to denote a particular thing, e.g., the sun.
Q. Fill in the blanks with a, an, or the.
- He is ___________ handsome man.
- This is ___________ university of repute.
- ___________ Mount Everest is ___________ highest peak in ___________ world.
- He is ___________ honest man.
- ___________ Ganges is a holy river.
- The, the, the