1. By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
2. A gentleman would be ashamed should his deeds not match his words.
3. A superior man is modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions.
4. Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
5. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
6. Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself.
7. Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.
8. Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.
9. He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.
10. He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.
11. Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.
12. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
13. If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.
14. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
15. It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
16. Life is really simple, but men insist on making it complicated.
17. Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
18. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
19. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.
20. Silence is a true friend who never betrays.
21. Study the past, if you would divine the future.
22. Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.
23. The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.
24. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
25. The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.
26. The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.
27. The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
28. To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.
29. We should feel sorrow, but not sink under its oppression.
30. What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
31. What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
32. When anger rises, think of the consequences.
33. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
34. Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.
35. Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
36. You cannot open a book without learning something.