Halloween is celebrated on 31 October with great pomp all over the world. This festival is associated with the harvesting of crops. People who believe in Halloween strongly believe that on this designated day the spirits of the dead rise and appear on the earth to cause trouble for the living souls.
Black and orange have special significance in Halloween. There is a belief behind this that orange colour is an indicator of the preparation of crops, while the black colour is a symbol of darkness and death.
On this day, not only adults, but children also have a costume party by wearing make-up inspired by ghosts. A big pumpkin is made into a lantern and kept at the door of the house. It is a fun day for kids because they get to hear exciting stories about ghosts and vampires. They also get to collect a lot of gifts and candies from the neighbours while playing ‘Trick and Treat’.
Here are the best Halloween quotes:
1. Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves. — Elvis Duran
2. Be afraid, be very afraid.
3. When the witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ’tis near Halloween.
4. Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative. — Judy Gold
5. Halloween is a celebration of the inversion of reality and a necessary Gothic hat-tip to the darker aspects of life, death, and ourselves. — Stewart Stafford
6. Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs. — Rusty Fischer
7. During the day, I don’t believe in ghosts. At night, I’m a little more open-minded.
8. Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October days.
9. On Halloween you get to become anything that you want to be. — Ava Dellaira
10. There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly lit front porch. — Robert Brault
11. The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween. — Paula Curan
12. There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand. — Marry Shally
13. Men say that in this midnight hour, the disembodied have power. — William Motherwell
14. Am I walking toward something I should be running away from? — Shirley Jackson
15. Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!’ — Dexter Kozen
16. Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble. — William Shakespeare
17. Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see. — Edgar Allan Poe
18. I Put a Spell on You. — Jay Hawkings
19. I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul. — Bram Stoker
20. ‘Tis the night—the night of the graves delight and the warlocks are at their play; Ye think that without the wild winds shout, but no, it is they—it is they. — Arthur Cleveland Coxe
21. Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day! — Rusty Fischer
22. The dead rise again, bats fly, terror strikes and screams echo, for tonight it’s Halloween.
23. I’m wicked through and through. — Elphaba
24. Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. — Edgar Allan Poe
25. There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls. — George Carlin
26. By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes. — William Shakespeare
27. The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun. — Midgard Morningstar
28. On Halloween, witches come true; Wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park. — Nick Gordon
29. It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare. — Brackett
30. Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat… — Nicholas Gordon
31. Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows’ Eve. — Ray Bradbury
32. Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat! — Rusty Fischer
33. There is something haunting in the light of the moon. — Joseph Conrad
34. It’s as much fun to scare as to be scared. — Vincent Price
35. Every day is Halloween, isn’t it? For some of us. — Tim Burton
36. Halloween is the only time I can easily convince others that my children are monsters.
37. Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.
38. Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep. — A Nightmare on Elm Street
39. Hell is empty and all the devils are here. — William Shakespeare
40. Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night. — Steve Almond
41. I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner. — Evan Peters
42. There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask. — Collette
43. There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.
44. When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.
45. She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true. — Shannon A. Thompson