The infinitive is referred to as the to-verb. It is also used without ‘to’ and is called bare infinite.
Q. Combine the following pairs of sentences by using infinitives.
- You can borrow the pencil box. You need Sneha’s permission.
- Help the needy. It is a noble work.
- They went to Delhi. They visited the India Gate.
- Tia writes poetry. This is her hobby.
- The child ate a sandwich. She saw it.
- You need Sneha’s permission to borrow the pencil box.
- It is a noble work to help the needy.
- They went to Delhi to visit the India Gate.
- Tia’s hobby is to write poetry.
- She saw to it that the child ate a sandwich.