An interrogative pronoun is a word, which when placed before a sentence, asks a question. Who, What, Whom, Which, and Whose are interrogative pronouns.
Each of these interrogative pronoun dedicates a different function or application in the sentence:
- Who – Subject
- What – Direct Object
- Whom – Indirect Object
- Which – Indication / Selection
- Whose – Possesion
- Who saved the drowning child?
- What does a mouse do with its sharp teeth?
- Whom did they appoint the headman of the village?
- Which government department deal with welfare schemes?
- Whose was the article published in the school magazine