Putting up an ad in the newspaper is one of the best ways to find a missing person or pet because newspapers have a wide reach as well as readership. Begin with ‘Missing’.
Important details for Missing Person / Animals Advertisements
- Begin with ‘Missing’
- Give brief physical description.
- Mention name, age & identifying features,
- Since when/from where missing.
- Reward offered
- Contact address and phone number.
- Person (specific)
- a height, complexion, build.
- Pet (specific)
- breed, colour of fur/skin, etc.
Q. Your younger brother aged 5 has been missing for the last three days. Draft an advertisement in not more than 50 words for the Missing Persons column of a local newspaper. You are Ram/Rama. Contact numbers 9310700000.
Q. You are P.K. Bansal of 57 Rajendra Park, New Delhi. Your pet dog Scabbie is missing. Write an advertisement for the ‘Missing Pet Animals’ column of a newspaper.