Modals are verbs that are places as helping verbs before ordinary verbs and express permission, possibility, certainty, necessity, ability, and suggestion. Modal verbs can never stand alone in a sentence.
- Ability / Permission: can, could, may, shall, might
- Simple future: shall, will
- obligation / necessity: must
Q. Fill in the blanks using the correct modals from the box.
can, may, will, should, must, would
- ______________ all your dreams come true!
- ______________ you swim to the other bank?
- We ______________ always be kind to animals.
- ______________ you please pass me the pen?
- You ______________ speak the truth now.
- We ______________ come to your birthday party.