A noun is a word which tells the name of a person, place or thing.
Noun Exercises with Answers
Q. Write the nouns in the following sentences and state their kind also.
- The train stopped at the station.
- A pack of cards is kept on the table.
- The Taj Mahal is a beautiful building.
- This necklace is made of gold.
- The fireman could not put out the fire.
- My family is going to Lucknow.
- The Ganga is a holy river.
- Many new plants have been planted in the garden.
- The shepherd took his flock of sheep to the grassland.
- A crowd gathered around the injured man.
- Train (Common Noun), Station (Common Noun)
- Pack (Collective Noun), Cards (Table Common Noun)
- Taj Mahal (Proper Noun), Building (Common Noun)
- Necklace (Common Noun), Gold (Material Noun)
- Fireman (Common Noun), Fire (Abstract Noun)
- Family (Collective Noun), Lucknow (Proper Noun)
- Ganga (Proper Noun), River (Common Noun)
- Plants (Common Noun), Garden (Common Noun)
- Shepherd (Common Noun), Sheep (Common Noun), Grassland (Common Noun), Flock (Collective Noun)
- Crowd (Collective Noun), Man (Common Noun)
Q. Fill in the blanks with a suitable noun.
- There is a _________________ of keys on the table.
- Our _________________ won the match.
- The Bible is a holy _________________ of the Christians.
- The Nile is the longest_________________
- Sachin is a famous _________________
- Furniture is made of _________________ and _________________.
- A _________________ can live only in water.
- The _________________ ran away with all the money.
- _________________ is the best policy.
- The story of the _________________ and the tortoise is very famous.
- wood; steel
Q. Arrange the following nouns in Proper, Common, Collective, Abstract, Material.
Table, rain, box, mob, tiger, Delhi, car, gold, ground, bat, football, soldier, Vishnu, England, Shakespeare, silver, bed, bunch, flock, mountain, bangle, Ox, honesty, intelligence, Mumbai
Proper: Rain, Delhi, Vishnu, England, Shakespeare, Mumbai
Common: Table, Box, Tiger, Car, Ground, Bat, Football, Soldier, Bed, Mountain, Bangle, Ox
Collective: Mob, Bunch, Flock
Abstract: Honesty, Intelligence
Material: Gold, Silver
2 thoughts on “Noun Exercises”
I like this worksheet
These exercises helped me so much as i understood the concept more clearly through this practice sheet as i am a 5th class student and some people think that 5th class study is easy but its not and this helped me to prepare my exam.Thanks for this practice sheet.🙏 🙏 🙂 🙂