The word which is partly a verb and partly an adjective in its use is called a particle. Example: Trembling with fear, the girl started crying.
Q. Combine the following pairs of sentence by using participles.
- Rani was in Mumbai. She worked as a teacher.
- I took pity on the man. I gave him some money.
- The house was decorated with lights. It looked beautiful.
- I found the door open. I went inside.
- The old woman walked carelessly. She slipped on the floor.
Q. Fill in the blanks with appropriate form of particles.
- His father had a _____________ look. (worry)
- The _____________ dog sprang up and caught the thief. (bark)
- The _____________ team cheered loudly. (win)
- The _____________ soldier was taken to the hospital. (wound)