The past continuous tense tells us about actions that were going on in the past.
Q. Make sentences by picking up words from the given columns.
|1. I||teasing the old man|
|2. He||was||helping your mother in kitchen|
|3. We||were||waiting for the chief guest.|
|4. You||doing his work|
|5. George||going to meet our teacher|
- I was teasing the old man.
- He was helping your mother in kitchen.
- We were waiting for the chief guest.
- You were doing his work.
- George was going to meet our teacher.
Q. Fill in the blanks with the past continuous form of the verbs given in bracket.
- Emma ______________ when her friends came to meet her. (sleep)
- Joy and David ______________ their bicycles in the park yesterday. (ride)
- Marry ______________ when the children came back from school. (work)
- They ______________ a movie yesterday. (watch)
- He ______________ to music. (listen)
- was sleeping
- were riding
- was working
- were watching
- was listening