Past continuous tense is used: to refer to something happening at the time of reference in the past; when we talk about something that was a persistent habit in the past. Example: She was eating a pastry.
Q. Change the following sentences into past continuous tense.
- The police officer shouts and chases the thief.
- He receives three awards at the Annual Day.
- Lakshya smiles at Sahil and takes him to the classroom.
- Maya comes to the school as a teacher for the first time.
- Mother washes clothes in the morning.
- The policer officer was shouting and chasing the thief.
- He was receiving three awards at the Annual Day.
- Lakhya was smiling at Sahil and taking him to the classroom.
- Maya was coming to the school as a teacher for the first time.
- Mother was washing clothes in the morning.