Past perfect continuous tense is used: to denote the length of any past action that continued till the time of reference in the past; to tell about the continuity of the longer action among the two acts in the past. Example: The children had been playing for two hours when I reached the park.
Q. Rewrite the following sentences using past perfect continuous tense.
- He went to his village every month.
- The girl was searching for her doll.
- The gardener mowed the garden.
- The monkey tried to climb the wall
- Her grandmother was not feeling well.
- He had been going to his village every month.
- The girl had been searching for her doll.
- The gardener had been mowing the garden.
- The monkey had been trying to climb the wall.
- Her grandmother had not been feeling well.