Past perfect tense is used: to denote the earlier action when two actions in the past are mentioned; to express completion of a past action which had started earlier; to express an imaginary conditional state in the past. Example: She had eaten a pastry.
Q. Fill in the blanks using the past perfect tense.
- The train _______________ (arrive) when I reached the railway station.
- Shreya _______________ (expect) to make it to the top this time.
- I _______________ (inform) you about his arrival before he reached.
- He _______________ (leave) for the day.
- Vikas _______________ (lose) his wallet within two day of receiving it.
- had arrived
- had expected
- had informed
- had left
- had lost