Past Tense Exercises with Answers
Q. Fill in the blanks using the correct form of the past tense:
- The emergency meeting _________ a while ago. (end)
- The pupil unintentionally _________ the window pane. (break)
- When the telephone rang, no one ___________ in the house. (to be)
- The error in the notice __________ already. (correct)
- If you had called, we _________ readily. (respond)
- We __________ the good news last night. (receive)
- How I wish I _________ the champion. (to be)
- Edwin _________ the riddle for the past hour before he decided to give up. (solve)
- By the time the firemen came, the houses ___________ to the ground. (raze)
- All the stolen goods ___________ by the police. (confiscate)
- had been corrected
- would have responded
- had been solving
- had been razed
- had been confiscated
1 thought on “Past Tense Exercises”
I find that the Fresh Reads is an excellent website on learning English Grammar, Language and Letter Writing. It is highly useful and effective, since it is comprehensive in nature. I find solutions to all my queries in a single place. Every aspect of grammar is depicted very well here and in a very simple way, providing the needed resources including many examples and exercises. It has been very helpful for me to teach my children and students.
I strongly recommend this great grammar site to teachers, scholars and students.
I wholeheartedly thank the entire team for your painstaking efforts. May God bless you ever!