Preposition is placed before a noun or pronoun and shows the relationship that exists between that noun or pronoun and some other word in the sentence.
Preposition Examples in Sentences
- I knew nothing about athletics.
- She wrapped the wool about her finger.
- It is about 7 o’clock.
- She is about to die.
- The students complained against the teacher.
- Put the almirah against the wall.
- Health insurance can provide against the loss of income.
- He came after me.
- He came after the appointed time.
- They ran after the thief. He hankers after riches.
- He is a man after my liking.
- He is named after his grandfather.
- After all, he is a clever boy.
- The old lady distributed rice among the beggars.
- He lives at Bogra.
- He came at 6 o’clock.
- The house is priced at Rs. 7,00,000.
- The train runs at a high speed.
- He is at work.
- The dog ran at me.
- You will do it at your risk.
- Charlie stood before me.
- He will come before this.
- I wish for death before dishonour.
- He sat behind me.
- You are behind the class.
- He stood beside me.
- He is beside himself with joy.
- Divide the sweets between Charlie and Zoe.
- They snack between meals
- The lady was attacked by a thief
- He will come by noon.
- The work was done by me.
- It is ten o’clock by my watch.
- I caught him by the leg.
- Pay me by installments.
- Cloth is sold by the metre.
- He is taller by four inches.
- I swear by God.
- He acted for my father.
- I bought it for fifty dollars.
- I shall vote for you.
- I speak for my class.
- He did it for me.
- I am sorry for you.
- She is not fit for the job.
- He gasped for breath.
- He is intelligent for his age.
- He is brave for a boy.
- He left for New York.
- For all his wealth, he is unhappy.
- I have known Stephan for three years.
- He can be trusted for the job.
- He comes from home.
- He acted from a wicked motive.
- He died from the injury.
- She was absent from Monday to Saturday.
- I shall go to school from tomorrow.
- I do not know him from his brother.
- He lives in London.
- He will come in an hour.
- He is in danger.
- My mother lives in England.
- I was born in 1948.
- He died in poverty.
- He is firm in his opinions.
- She went into the house.
- Translate the passage into English.
- He comes of a noble family. He died of fever.
- This is the house of Charles.
- This is a chain of gold.
- He lives in the city of Chennai.
- I do not know anything of it.
- He is devoid of intelligence.
- Sit on the bench.
- Come on Monday.
- He was born on that day.
- On hearing this, they all fled.
- He congratulated me on my success.
- He has written a book on politics.
- The sun looks over the earth.
- He is over fifty years old.
- He lives over the road.
- We have been living in London since 1996.
- The city has been under curfew since the riots started.
- The country has been under military rule for sixteen years.
- I have been suffering from fever since Monday.
- He passed through the wood.
- He is too old to sit through a long concert.
- He has gone to Melbourne.
- He is a boy to my mind.
- It does not stand to reason.
- As three is to nine, so is four to twelve.
- I went to see him.
- Water has turned to ice.
- He was crushed to death.
- I learnt to my surprise that he had gone away.
- The price is under ten rupees.
- The volunteers are under me.
- The case is under trial.
- He stood under the tree.
- He travelled under a disguise.
- He acted upon my advice.
- I went there with my father.
- He is popular with the people.
- He found fault with me.
- He did it with his own hand.
- With all his faults, I respect him.