Present continuous tense shows continuity of an action or state of being. It is used for an action going on at the time of speaking, for a temporary action which may not be actually happening at the time of speaking, for an action that has already been arranged to take place in future. Example: Emma is covering her book.
Q. Fill in the blanks using the present continuous tense form of the verbs.
- The women ___________________ cars. (drive)
- Rohan ___________________ a picture. (paint)
- She ___________________ a novel. (read)
- Emma ___________________ to buy a dress for her sister. (plan)
- They ___________________ a school here. (construct)
- are driving
- is painting
- is reading
- is planning
- are constructing