Present Tense Exercises
Q. Fill in the blanks using the correct form of the present tense:
- No one ________ (listen) to him because what he ________ (say) ________ (not make) any sense.
- A series of burglaries ________ (have) taken place in the neighborhood during the past month. The police ________ (be) hot on the tracks of the thieves.
- It ________ (appear) that no one ________ (be) at home. Where ________ (have) everybody gone?
- ________ (have) any of you got a pen-knife? The one I have ________ (be) too blunt.
- Western-style food ________ (be) what every lodger here ________ (eat) for breakfast. However, the menu for lunch and dinner ________ (vary) according to the day of the week.
- listens; says; does not
- has; are
- appears; is; has
- Has; is
- is; eats; varies