A pronoun is word that is used in the place of a noun. Examples: he, she, her, him, they
Q. Fill in the blanks with suitable pronouns.
- Marie is a teacher. ___________ teaches Science.
- All the students were happy because ___________ were going for a picnic.
- We live in this house. This house belongs to ___________.
- Do not make noise. ___________ must behave properly.
- Emma is my friend. I am playing chess with ___________.
Q. Choose the correct pronouns to complete the sentences.
- The girl who/whom ran fast is my cousin.
- This is the team which/whose score is the highest.
- There was a pride of lions which/who became the centre of attraction at the zoo.
- The movie that/who I saw yesterday was very boring.
- Please return the book whom/that I gave you.
Q. Fill in the blanks with pronouns from the box.
He, We, It, They, She, Their
- This is ____________ house.
- The mouse ran away with cheese. ____________ was hungry.
- ____________ are playing cricket.
- ____________ has a beautiful doll.
- Emma and Sherlyn are friends. ____________ play together.
- This is my brother. ____________ is very naughty.