Simple Prepositions are one-word prepositions that indicate some relationship between a noun/pronoun and the other words in a sentence.
- Justin lives at Connaught Place in Delhi.
- Players are on the ground for practice.
- It is pleasant to sit by the campfire during winter.
- Lisa gifted a golden watch to Harry.
- We work here till 5 o’clock every day.
In the examples cited above, the highlighted prepositions are in the form of one word. Therefore, the words at, in, on, for, by, during, to and till serve as simple prepositions.