The verb must agree with the subject in person and number.
Q. Write the correct words in the blanks.
- Hindi as well as English ____________ taught to us. (was, were)
- The terrorist with his gang ____________ escaped. (has, have)
- The beggar’s trousers ____________ torn. (is, are)
- A pair of shoes ____________ still lying unclaimed in front of the prayer hall. (is, are)
- None of the pastries ____________ to be fresh. (appear, appears)
- The sound of the bells ____________ heard all over the temple. (was, were)
Q. Correct the following statements.
- No news are good news.
- Neither of them were found guilty.
- The rainy season have set in.
- The workers has called off the strike.
- Grandmother’s walking stick are broken.
- No news is good news.
- Neither of them was found guilty.
- The rainy season has set in.
- The workers have called off the strike.
- Grandmother’s walking stick is broken.