Q. Fill in the blanks by using the synonyms of the words given in bracket.
- My father will not ______________ (permit) me to go on the trip as my exams are near.
- Please arrange the answers in ______________ (sequence) and then handover the answer sheets.
- The owner wanted me to ______________ (compensate) for the broken glass.
- The teacher allotted a ______________ (task) to each one of us.
- I never expected such a ______________ (prompt) answer form you.
Q. Complete the following sentences by replacing the words in bold with their synonyms.
- The watch is very expensive.
- The candies that the man brought were tasty.
- The African children were happy to share the candies.
- A rich film-maker gifted a picture to my uncle.
- He has suffered huge losses and has become very poor.
- The watch is very costly.
- The candies that the man brought were delicious.
- The African children were content to share the candies.
- A wealthy film-maker gifted a picture to my uncle.
- He has suffered huge losses and has become destitute.