Q. List out the action words in the poem
dive, dip, snaps, _______, _______, _______, _______, _______, _______,
Find out the meanings of these words.
Ans. dive, dip, snaps, soars, rides, pulls, flaps
- dive – to plunge
- dip – bend
- snaps – makes a sharp sound
- soars – rises
- rides – climbs, sits on the back
- pulls – drives forward
- flaps – flutters
Q. Read these lines from the poem.
Then soars like a ship.
With only a sail
The movement of the tailless kite is compared to a ship with a sail. This is called a simile. Can you suggest what or who the following actions may be compared to?
- He runs like ____________.
- He eats like _____________.
- She sings like ____________.
- It shines like ____________.
- It flies like ______________.
- He runs like a deer.
- He eats like a wolf.
- She sings like a nightingale.
- It shines like a glow-worm.
- It flies like a kite.