A camel and a jackal were friends. One day, the jackal took his friend to a big sugarcane farm. It was on the opposite side of the river. After a sumptuous meal the jackal began to howl loudly. The camel pleaded jackal not to do so, but jackal said that it was his habit. Soon the farmers came and thrashed the camel badly. When the camel crossed the river, the jackal joined him on his back. The camel took deliberate dip into the water. When the jackal pleaded, the camel said that he had the habit of rolling in the water after every meal. The poor jackal was drowned.
Answer the following questions:
- Where did jackal take camel one day?
- Why did the farmers thrash the camel?
- How did the camel take his revenge on jackal?
- What was the end of jackal?
- Give the synonym of ‘sumptuous’ and ‘thrashed’.
- The jackal took the camel to a big sugarcane farm.
- After eating the sugarcanes the jackal started howling and the farmers came and thrashed the camel.
- The camel took revenge by deliberately dipping jackal in the water and thus the jackal was drowned.
- The jackal drowned in the river.
- (a) Glorious. (b) Beaten up.