Gorelal was a famous sculptor. His sculptures looked like real ones. One day, he saw a dream that after fifteen days, the demon of death would come to take him. Gorelal prepared nine statues of himself and on the fifteenth day, when the demon of death was to come, he took his place among the statues. The demon could not recognise him and was astonished to see ten Gorelals instead of one. He returned without taking him. Now the God of death came himself. He was also confused so he said, “Gorelal these sculptures would have been perfect but for one mistake”, Gorelal could not tolerate the fault finding in his work. He came out and asked, “Where is the fault ?” God of death caught him and said, ‘‘Here‘’. His pride made his fall.
Answer the following questions:
- How did the sculptures of Gorelal look?
- What did Gorelal dream one day?
- What did Gorelal do after the dream?
- How was Gorelal caught by the God of death?
- Give the synonyms of ‘astonished’ and ‘caught’.
- The sculptures of Gorelal looked like real ones.
- Gorelal dreamt that after 15 days the demon of death would come and take him.
- Gorelal prepared nine statues of himself after the dream.
- When the God of death came, Gorelal stood among the sculptures that he had made. When the God of death started finding fault with the sculptures, Gorelal spoke out and was thus caught.
- (a) Surprised (b) Capture