‘Health is wealth’ is a well known saying. Without good health, life is a burden. When we fall ill, we are unhappy. We cannot work or play. Germs cause illness. These are very small living things. They live on dirt and grow in darkness. They get into our body by air, water, food or cuts in the skin and make us ill. Dirt and darkness are the enemies of a good health. They breed germs. Sunlight and cleanliness destroy them. So we must keep our body clean and do exercise daily to keep ourselves healthy. Bad habits like smoking and drinking alcohol must be avoided.
Answer the following questions:
- What happens when we fall ill?
- What are germs and where do they live?
- How do germs enter our body?
- What should we do to keep good health?
- Find the opposites of: (a) Friends (b) Bad.
- We are unhappy when we fall ill.
- Germs cause illness and are very small living things. They live on dirt and grow in darkness.
- Germs enter our body through air, water, food or cuts in the skin.
- We should keep good health by keeping our body clean and by doing exercise daily.
- (a) Enemies (b) Good