The culture of nuclear families is in fashion. Parents are often heard complaining about the difficulties in bringing up children these days. Too much of freedom in demand, too much independence; over night parties; excessive extravagance, splurging pocket money; no time for studies and family; all this is a common cry of such families. Aren’t parents, themselves, responsible for this pitiful state? The basic need of a growing youth is the family, love, attention and bonding along with moral values. One should not forget that ‘charity begins at home’.
Independence and individuality both need to be respected, in order to maintain the sanctity of family. Children, today are to be handled with tact in order to bridge the ever widening generation gap. Only the reasonable demands need to be fulfilled, as there are too many expenses to be met and too many social obligations to be taken care of by the parents. Our forefathers lived happily in joint families. Children loved to live with their cousins, learnt to adjust within means. There was perfect harmony between the generations. There never existed the concept of old-age homes. There was deep respect for the family elders and love, care and concern for the youngsters. Even the minor family differences were solved amicably.
Answer the following Questions:
- Mention any two major common concerns of a nuclear family.
- Who, according to the passage, are responsible for them?
- Explain the expression ‘charity begins at home’.
- Describe the atmosphere in joint families.
- Which word in the passage means ‘Holiness of life’?
- Too much independence and no time for studies and family.
- Parents themselves.
- The parents should not forget that it is in giving that one receives.
- In joint families, children get a friendly atmosphere and they also learn to adjust within means.
4 thoughts on “Unseen Passage: Nuclear Families in Fashion”
💯My teacher read this passage and I quickly remembered this one. She asked and questions and I got full marks because I knew the questions and their answers already.🤣
Good value and passage contains nice moral
My teacher asked the same question as it is in the worksheet of eva2 exam and i told every answer as i had read this before🤣🤣😂😂.
each and single word is taken from this.
can you imagine.