Everybody wants to succeed in life. For some, success means achieving whatever they desire or dream. For many it is the name, fame and social position. Whatever be the meaning of success, it is success which makes a man popular.
All great men have been successful. They are remembered for their great achievements. But it is certain that success comes to those who are sincere, hardworking, loyal and committed to their goals. Success has been man’s greatest motivation. It is very important for all. Success has a great effect on life. It brings pleasure and pride. It gives a sense of fulfilment. It means all-around development. Everybody hopes to be successful in life. But success smiles on those who have a proper approach, planning, vision and stamina. A proper and timely application of all these things is bound to bear fruit. One cannot be successful without cultivating these certain basic things in life. It is very difficult to set out on a journey without knowing one’s goals and purposes. Clarity of the objective is a must to succeed in life. A focused approach with proper planning is certain to bring success. Indecision and insincerity are big obstacles on the path to success.
One should have the capability, capacity and resources to turn one’s dreams into reality. Mere desire cannot bring you success. The desire should be weighed against factors like capability and resources. This is the basic requirement of success. The next important thing is the eagerness, seriousness and the urge to be successful. It is the driving force which decides the success. It is the first step on the ladder of success.
One needs to pursue one’s goals with all one’s sincerity and passion. One should always be in high spirit. Lack of such spirit leads to an inferiority complex which is a big obstruction on the path to success. Time is also a deciding factor . Only the punctual and committed have succeeded in life. Lives of great men are examples of this. They had all these qualities in plenty which helped them rise to the peak of success.
Hard labour is one of the basic requirements of success. There is no substitute for hard labour. It alone can take one to the peak of success. Every success has a ratio of five percent inspiration and ninety-five percent perspiration. It is the patience, persistence and perseverance which play a decisive role in achieving success. Failures are the pillars of success as they are our stepping-stones and we must get up and start again and be motivated.
Q. 1 On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer the following questions:
- To whom does success come certainly?
- What are the basic things in life we need to achieve success ?
- What did great men have in plenty to rise to the peak of success ? Give any two examples.
- What is the one basic requirement of success ?
- Explain : “Failures are pillars of success.”
Q. 2 On the basis of your reading of the passage, fill in any two of the following blanks with appropriate words/phrase:
- _________ plays a decisive role in achieving success.
- Goals have to be pursued with _________ and ________.
- Ratio of success is __________ inspiration.
Q.3 Find out the words from the passage that mean the same as the following:
- endurance (para 2)
- obstruction (para 4)
- motivation (para 5)
- To the people, who are sincere, hardworking loyal and committed, success comes certainly.
- To achieve success, we need a proper approach, planning, vision and stamina.
- Great men have sincerity, passion, punctuality and commitment to rise to the peak of success.
- One basic requirement of success is passion.
- Failures are stepping stones of success. It helps us to get up and start again and motivate us to achieve success with more passion.
- sincerity and passion
- five percent of