Water is one of the most precious gifts of nature, but it is unfortunate that we do not understand its worth and over-exploit this resource for our selfish purposes. It is a matter of serious attention that water must be conserved at all costs. We need water for daily use at home and for agriculture. Drinking water is however limited as we get it mainly from the clouds and glaciers. If this resource is used wisely, then there will be no problem. But unfortunately, it is being over-exploited. Our ever-increasing population has created scarcity of water. It is predicted that by the year 2025, nearly two billion people will live in absolute water scarcity. This is a signal to be cautious enough in the use of water. Every drop of water is precious and it must not go in vain. Water shortage is a grim reality for the cities as well as villages. We need to wake up to it now than be sorry later. We must conserve water in ponds and tanks. We should try our best to use water cautiously. If we continue to use it recklessly, we will have to face dire consequences. By saving water, we will save ourselves.
Q. Answer the following questions:
- Why is water the most precious gift of nature?
- What is the main cause of water scarcity?
- How do you think we can conserve water?
- Give a suitable title to this passage.
- What will be the result of using water carelessly?
- Water is the most precious gift of nature as life is not possible without water. We need water for daily use at home and for agriculture.
- The main cause of water scarcity is our ever-increasing population and over-exploitation of water resources.
- We can conserve water in ponds and tanks and also use it cautiously.
- Title: “Save water”.
- If we continue to use water carelessly, we will have to face dire-consequences. There will be an acute water scarcity by the year 2025.