Q. In the first stanza, find words that show
- that it was very cold.
- that it was late evening.
- that the traveller was alone.
- The word ‘rime’ shows that it was very cold.
- The word ‘starlight’ shows that it was late evening.
- The word ‘lonesomeness’ shows that the traveller was alone.
Q. Something happened at Lyonnesse. It was
Pick out two lines from stanza 2 to justify your answer.
Ans. It was Unforeseeable. The relevant lines are:
No prophet durst declare
Nor did the wisest wizard guess
What would bechance at Lyonnesse