Winston Churchill served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945, during the Second World War, and again from 1951 to 1955. He is known for his inspiring speeches and his wartime leadership that led his country from the brink of defeat to victory.
Here are the best Winston Churchill Quotes:
1. If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.
2. It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right.
3. You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
4. Now this is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning.
5. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
6. I never worry about action, but only inaction.
7. Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
8. Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
9. One always measures friendships by how they show up in bad weather.
10. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
11. Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never — in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
12. You will never get to the end of the journey if you stop to shy a stone at every dog that barks.
13. Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.
14. The true guide of life is to do what is right.
15. Things are not always right because they are hard, but if they are right one must not mind if they are also hard.
16. The price of greatness is responsibility.
17. I like things to happen, and if they don’t happen I like to make them happen.
18. The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
19. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
20. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
21. Nourish your hopes, but do not overlook realities.
22. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
23. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil tears and sweat.
24. To be really happy and really safe, one ought to have at least two or three hobbies, and they must all be real.
25. A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
26. A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.
27. Personally, I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
28. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.