An adverb is a word that describes or modifies a verb, an adjective, or another adverb.
Q. Choose the adverbs that complete the sentences.
- She worked very hardly/hard.
- The film is nearly/near over.
- The conference began lately/late.
- My cold is very/much better today.
- Ritika reached the cinema first/firstly.
- Her attitude was extreme/extremely rude.
- She worked very hard.
- The film is nearly over.
- The conference began late.
- My cold is much better today.
- Ritika reached the cinema first.
- Her attitude was extremely rude.
Q. Fill in the blanks with adverbs given in the box.
immediately, almost, extremely, very, brightly, very, rarely, probably
- Ruhi was ______________ disappointed to see her marks.
- He ______________ made a plan to go to Goa.
- The teacher ______________ scolds her students.
- The cake is ______________ ready.
- She ______________ had no other work to do.
- The Lotus Temple is ______________ beautiful.
- The moon was shining ______________.
- George speaks ______________ fast.