A notice is a formal means of communication. It is one of the most effective and convenient means of communication in any organisation or institution. Notice can be issued by any member of the organisation or institution to inform the large number of people at the same time.
A notice may contain news or information about something that has happened or is likely to happen. Notices are generally meant to be put up on specific display boards, whether in schools or in public places.
Most common topics for notices are:
- Notices issued by the school: These notices are usually about events, activities and issues related to the school. Depending on the topic of notice, the language used can be either formal or semi-formal. Notices regarding trips, picnics, etc. can be written in semi-formal language. However, those informing the students and staff about official matters, such as admission, change in school timings, etc. are always written in formal language.
- Notices issued by/for the residents of a housing society/colony or members of an association: Since such notices are usually about common matters, such as various issues concerning the residents or members, they are formal and direct.
- Obituary Notices: They inform the general public about the demise of a loved one and contain information about the funeral, last rites and other related ceremonies.
- Notices for Sale of Items: Since the main idea is to catch the general public’s/reader’s attention, these notices must be semi-formal yet attractive.
- Lost and Found Notices: These are issued informing the readers about personal belongings lost or found and requesting the finder/owner to return or collect it from or give it to the one issuing the notice. Unlike other forms of notices, which are written in third person, lost and found notices are written in first person. They are crisp and more informative. In case of seeking lost items, the issuer of the notice often offers a reward to the one who returns it.
- A notice should not exceed 50 words..
- A notice should always be written in a box.
- Only important and relevant information should be provided.
- Present tense and future time references are used.
- A notice is written in third person, therefore, use of first person (I, We) and second person (You) should be avoided.
Name of the Institution / Organization
This is to inform ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. ……. …….
Notice Writing Topics
- Notice on Annual Sports Day Participation
- Notice on Baisakhi Fest
- Notice on Blazer and Lunch Box Found in Cycle Stand
- Notice on Blood Donation Camp
- Notice on Blood Donation Camp in Society
- Notice on Celebrate Wednesday as Green Day
- Notice on Change in School Timing
- Notice on Charity Camp for Children of Slums
- Notice on Chemistry Notes Misplaced
- Notice on Cleanliness Drive Around the School
- Notice on Cricket Trials for Selection of Under 18 School Team
- Notice on Cultural Programme for Orphanage
- Notice on Don’t Use Potable Water for Cleaning Purpose
- Notice on Drawing and Painting Competition
- Notice on Examination Paper Postponed
- Notice on Excursion During Autumn Holidays
- Notice on Felicitation of Schoolmate for Winning First Prize
- Notice on Flower Show in Central Park
- Notice on Found Wrist Watch in Classroom
- Notice on Free Books for Needy Students
- Notice on Guest Lecture by Inspector of Police
- Notice on Gymkhana Club Governing Body Meeting
- Notice on Help Victims of Earthquake in Japan
- Notice on Holi Fiesta
- Notice on Hosting Inter School English Debate Competition
- Notice on Inauguration of the Literary Association of School
- Notice on Inter Class Drama Competition
- Notice on Inter Class Singing Competition
- Notice on Inter School Basketball Match
- Notice on Inter School Cricket Match Series
- Notice on Inter School Debate Competition
- Notice on Inter School Kabaddi Competition
- Notice on Inter School Music Carnival
- Notice on Inter School Nukkad Natak Competition
- Notice on Inter School Science Exhibition
- Notice on Inter-Class Drawing Competition
- Notice on Inviting Articles and Sketches for School Magazine
- Notice on Inviting Articles for School Magazine
- Notice on Inviting Students to Submit Articles for Magazine
- Notice on Left Bag Containing Important Documents in Taxi
- Notice on Littering in School Playground
- Notice on Lost a Library Book in School
- Notice on Lost Important Documents in School Premises
- Notice on Lost Literature Book in School Field
- Notice on Lost Wallet Containing Examination Entry Ticket
- Notice on Lost Watch in School Premises
- Notice on Lost Wrist Watch in School
- Notice on Meeting for Parking of Vehicles
- Notice on Meeting for Zonal Cricket Tournament
- Notice on Meeting to Discuss Colony Security
- Notice on National Heritage Programme
- Notice on National Science Exhibition in School
- Notice on No Water Supply Due to Maintenance Work
- Notice on Participation in Cultural Programme for Victims of Flood
- Notice on Penalty for Losing or Damaging Library Books
- Notice on Plight of Poor and Destitute in State Run Homes
- Notice on Poster Making Competition
- Notice on Poster Making Competition on Mother’s Day
- Notice on Postponement of Sehwag’s Visit
- Notice on Principal and Discipline Committee Meeting
- Notice on Registration for Admission
- Notice on Returning Library Books Before Summer Vacations
- Notice on Sale of Old Sports Goods of Your School
- Notice on School Celebrating Golden Jubilee
- Notice on School Closed Due to Landslide
- Notice on School Hockey Team Selection
- Notice on Science Exhibition on Death Anniversary of Ramanujam
- Notice on Science Fair Meeting
- Notice on Show on Ancient Art Forms
- Notice on Special Coaching During Summer Vacation
- Notice on Sports Day Celebration
- Notice on Sports Kit Bag Found in School Playground
- Notice on Sri Parthasarathy Sabha Extraordinary Meeting
- Notice on Students Not to Go Near Examination Rooms
- Notice on Students to Participate in Singing Competition
- Notice on Students to Wear Full Sleeve Shirts and Trousers
- Notice on Take Part in Annual Sports Meet
- Notice on Talent Search in Music and Dance
- Notice on Team Selection for Inter School Hockey Tournament
- Notice on Tour to Visit Places of Historical Importance
- Notice on Trip to Goa for Students
- Notice on Troop of Scouts and Guides for Jamboree
- Notice on Volunteers for Book Fair
- Notice on Walk on World Diabetes Day
- Notice on Water Supply Suspended