It is always a hassle complaining about faulty or unsatisfactory purchases or services. You must obviously write a letter since a telephone call will get you nowhere. Start by stating where and when you purchased the goods in question and then move on to explain why they are not satisfactory. Provide a full and detailed list of the problems you have encountered. State what you wish to be done about the situation – whether you wish for a replacement item or you money back.
You can write to complain to sellers or vendors/organisations for selling/delivering defective items, incomplete order, non-payment respectively. Letter of complaint can also be written to concerned authorities, regarding a social issue one faced recently or faces daily.
The letter must have:
- Details about the product/services/social problem. In case of products and services, include details, such as bill number, model number, date of purchase, etc.
- Mention what is causing the problem and how it is affecting you. In case, you are complaining about a social problem, write about how it is causing the general public to suffer.
- For products/services, request for replace, return or refund. Request for a quick action to be taken to prevent a social problem.
Complaint Letter Format
Complaint Letter Examples
- Complaint Letter for Bad Condition of Roads
- Complaint Letter for Book Order Received Late and Damaged
- Complaint Letter for Chaotic Conditions in Casualty Department
- Complaint Letter for Defective Book
- Complaint Letter for Defective Pair of Shoes
- Complaint Letter for Defective Watch
- Complaint Letter for Dilapidated Condition of Public Monument
- Complaint Letter for Insanitary Conditions in Colony
- Complaint Letter for Leaking Flat
- Complaint Letter for Loss of Suitcase in Train
- Complaint Letter for Park in a State of Utter Neglect
- Complaint Letter for Poor Bus Service
- Complaint Letter for Repair or Replacement of Defective TV
- Complaint Letter for Repair or Replacement of Refrigerator
- Complaint Letter for Unauthorised Parking of Vehicles