The word ‘Comprehension’ means understanding. Reading comprehension is defined as the level of understanding of a text. This understanding comes from the interaction between the words that are written and how one applies one’s knowledge and imagination outside the text.
- Read the passage thoroughly. Go through the passage once, without wasting too much time. Don’t be concerned about the words or phrases you don’t understand at first look.
- Underline the words and sentences which you don’t understand.
- Read all the questions once.
- After reading the passage, mark the parts where you feel the answer has been mentioned.
- Write the answer in your own words clearly and precisely.