Direct speech refers to the exact words used by a speaker. These words are placed with quotation marks. Example: Ria said, “I am going to school.”
Indirect speech is used to communicate what someone else has said, without using the exact words. Example: Ria said she was going to school.
Q. Change the following sentences into indirect speech.
- Anil said, “I have done my homework.”
- Ramesh said, “She has been sleeping since 11 pm.”
- Neha said, “I am baking a cake for my family.”
- Beena said, “The sun rises in the east.”
- He said, “I have lived in Jaipur for twenty years.”
- Anil said that he has done his homework.
- Ramesh said that she has been sleeping since 11pm
- Neha said that She is baking a cake for his family.
- Beena said that the sun rises in the east.
- He said that he lived in Jaipur for twenty years.