Modals are the auxiliary verbs which help other verbs in the formation of a sentence. They are will, shall, would, should, can could, may, might, must, ought to, dare, need, and used to.
Q. Choose the correct options.
- _______________ you please send the message immediately? (Could, May, Should)
- John _______________ come with me tomorrow. (should, might, must)
- You _______________ come and have lunch with us sometime. (would, must, might)
- Earlier Ragini _______________ speak to everyone politely. (would, could, should)
- _______________ I come in? (Might, May, Can)
Q. Correct the following sentences.
- We can maintain communal harmony.
- My sister may speak French fluently.
- Shilpa should overcome such obstacles very easily when she was young.
- You might go home now as it is getting dark.
- He would run four kilometres in an hour.
- We should maintain communal harmony.
- My sister can speak French fluently.
- Shilpa could overcome such obstacles very easily when she was young.
- You should go home now as it is getting dark.
- He can run four kilometres in an hour.