Q. Fill in blanks with the appropriate option given below.
Asaf Khan who (1) ________the expedition against the city, (2) ________ that the little country which (3) ________ by a woman would (4) _______ very easily without (5) ________ even a blow. It was to his surprise when he (6) ________ that the city (7) ________ to offer a strong resistance. He (8) ________ with him only a small force to fight the battle.
- had led / led / was leading / has led
- expected / has been expecting / had expected / was expected
- rule / was ruled / is ruled / was ruling
- was taken / be taken / will be taken / is taking
- striking/ is striking / has been striking / has struck
- found / had found / finds / will find
- was preparing / is preparing / was prepared / is prepared
- had brought / brought / has brought / had been brought
- had expected
- was ruled
- be taken
- was prepared
- had brought
Q. Choose the best word from the options given to complete the following passage.
Pampore, a small town (1) ________ the banks of the river Jhelum, near Srinagar, is the main centre (2) ________ saffron cultivation in India. The best saffron (3) ________ from Spain, which is the world’s largest producer. Saffron, the (4) ________ spice in the world, is known as ‘kesar’ in (5) ________ parts of India. It adds a golden colour to food and gives it (6) ________ unique flavour. Moreover, (7) ________ saffron goes a long way – for example, (8) ________ half a teaspoon is sufficient to flavour a litre of kheer.
- in / on / from / between
- for / from / in / to
- is coming / will come / comes / came
- much expensive / more expensive / most expensive / expensive
- other / another / every / each
- the / a / an / any
- a few / the few / a little / the little
- lesser than / less than / least than / lesser
- most expensive
- a little
- less than