The main verbs, which are not supplied with any object or the main verbs whose effect stops with the subject, are called Intransitive Verbs.
- The boy laughed loudly. (no object)
- The men were walking fast. (no object)
- The child is sleeping in the cradle. (no object)
- The girl cried to have a look at the dog. (no object)
- The teacher sits in a chair in the class. (no object)
In the above sentences, the verbs laughed, were walking, sleeping, cried and sits do not have any object after them. Therefore, they are Intransitive Verbs.