A Preposition is a word placed before a noun or a pronoun to show its relation to some other word, to indicate place, position and time.
Preposition Exercises with Answers
Q. Complete the sentences with appropriate Prepositions:
- Government departments are accountable ______________ their spending.
- He is very active ______________ the scouting movement.
- She is very adaptable ______________ change.
- He is very adept ______________ making people feel at ease.
- We are afraid ______________ making him angry.
- She is anxious ______________ something happening to her children.
- He reconciled __________ his opponent.
- They were appreciative ______________ what we had done for them.
- Her dress was appropriate ______________ the occasion.
- He is not ashamed ______________ the bad things he has done.
Q. Fill in the blanks with appropriate Prepositions:
- The enemy is ______________ my door.
- He will come ______________ an hour.
- The boy takes ______________ his father.
- The building is ______________ construction.
- He fell dead ______________ my eyes.
- I was cautioned ______________ believing rumours.
- Children quarrel ______________ trivial matters.
- The refugees have encroached ______________ his land.
- I prevailed ______________ him to join the picnic.
- in front of
Q. Choose the correct preposition given in brackets.
- Is she related (with/ to) you?
- They walked (in/ into) the room.
- He aimed his gun (at/ on) the robber.
- The cat is sitting (in/under)the table.
- He killed the snake (by/ with) a stick.
- Is she related to you?
- They walked into the room.
- He aimed his gun at the robber.
- The cat is sitting under the table.
- He killed the snake with a stick.