It was Betty’s birthday. She was six, so there was to be a doll’s tea-party and a cake with six candles. And that was why Billykin was wearing a big blue bow. He was a little, fat, roly-poly kitten, and though he was proud of his bow, he found it rather a nuisance. For it dipped in his milk, when he tried to wash his face, it got in his mouth, and he did not like the taste of it. Then he went out in the garden, but there was a strong wind, and it caught the bow, which stuck out on each side of Billykin’s head like two blue wings. He tried to climb a tree, but the bow caught in a twig, and he could not get loose, though he struggled hard. So he mewed and mewed until Betty heard him. “Oh! Billykin’’, she said, “how you have messed your beautiful blue bow.’’
Q. Answer the following questions:
- How old was Betty?
- What was there in the party?
- What was Billykin wearing?
- What happened when he went out in the garden?
- What happened when he tried to climb a tree?
- Betty was six years old.
- There was tea and a cake with six candles in the party.
- Billykin was wearing a big blue bow.
- When he went out in the garden, there was a strong wind and it caught the bow, which stuck out on each side of his head like two blue wings.
- When Billykin tried to climb a tree, the bow got caught in a twig and Billykin could not get loose, however hard he tried.